Sunday, September 27, 2009

OUTSIDE THE FOUR WALLS!

Leonard Ravenhill. Have you heard of him? I nicknamed him "Leonard Raving-hill" due to his scathing books criticizing the state of the Church. I had never heard him preach, however. He is actually a very proper English gentleman. But oh, how his words hit home!

On Ravenhill's tombstone is written the following:

"CARRIED BY ANGELS"

LEONARD RAVENHILL
1907 - 1994

"ARE THE THINGS YOU ARE LIVING FOR WORTH CHRIST DYING FOR?"

Wow! How much more convicting can one get? To give you a taste of "Raving-hill" preaching on a subject dear to my heart - street evangelism - I ask you to watch the following video.


This gave you just a taste of Ravenhill (He doesn't speak the whole time in this video.), but I found this video powerful because it couples exhortation with application. I am so privileged to be at the point in my life that I can stand in the middle of a busy thoroughfare on a stool and plead with passers-by to repent and believe the gospel! And I am in ever-growing company, thanks to Ray Comfort's ministry and the exposure that YouTube offers open air preachers like Brother Jed Smock, "Bible Jim" Webber and Ruben Israel, who've been doing this kind of ministry for decades! May our tribe increase - for God's glory and the salvation of men!

No comments:

Post a Comment